Tuesday, June 3, 2014

For Mrs. and Mr. Doc!

After a well-deserved rest on Sunday after the 20 miler, I needed to get back out on the road. The slew of donations received the other day has left me with a lot of runs to dedicate and not a lot of time to do it. That said, I'm still looking for help, so if you can do it, please click here!


It's the time in my training when runs are becoming almost tedious. No new routes, the temperature is soaring, the end of year stress is building...I decided to do a nice and easy 4 miler on Monday, and pressed with the decision of which route to do, it seemed appropriate to do the Monday Special. I arrived at the gate and was happy to see Bernie, which meant a level of accountability on the run, as well as some company.

We headed out on well-tread roads, crossed my favorite pedestrian bridge over the railroad tracks and were confronted by the strangest smell. Now, strange smells are nothing new on Delhi runs, but this one took the cake. It was the delicious smell of fresh-cooked food! I mean, it smelled delicious. As we ran forth, pondering the source of the delicious food, we almost knocked it over. A guy carrying a massive pot appeared out of nowhere and as we dodged him, we couldn't help to think of the disastrous consequence of a pot of scalding food dumped on two runners and an unsuspecting chef.

The next stop was the infamous "Lego Temple" from many previous runs. Bernie had never seen it up close and personal, so we took a small detour for a peek. This is the same temple that Rachel and I visited one morning where we saw the drum machine!

The rest of the run back to school was devoid of mechanical drums or sweet smells of breakfast, but it was four more miles in the bank. Three more days of runs in Delhi!



This run belongs to Mr. and Mrs. Doc!

I'm dedicating runs to raise money for a campship in memory of our friend Ty Taylor at YMCA Camp Miller. Click here or here to donate. Please make sure you choose the Ty Taylor Campship option. And please let me know if you've made a donation so I can thank you!


RUN STATS:
Distance - 4.01 miles
Time - 32:03
Soundtrack - Metric, Old World Underground Where Are You Now?



                    


No comments:

Post a Comment